Let’s take our hats off to Memorial Day with a Great Steak Grilling Menu and share good stories and laughter while gathered around the table. Some of the best memories are made while sharing a good meal at home.
Where ever you are and whoever you are with, take a moment on Memorial Day to remember those who have served and died for this great nation. Raise your glass, raise your steak, and celebrate what we enjoy today because of all those who have served to preserve our rights.
Check out How to Grill the Perfect Steak Dinner for grilling tips and a steak temperature chart if you are a bit rusty.
Invite Friends Over for a Cookout
Invite your friends over for this cookout on Memorial Day! It is sure to be a hit.
And don’t forget to pause at 3 pm or 1500 hours and give thanks for the sacrifices our service men and women have made to keep this country free.
Patriotic Blueberry Margarita
- optional: blender
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups reposado or añejo tequila
- 1 cup Triple Sec or Cointreau (or any orange liqueur)
- 8 Cocktail skewers or toothpicks
- Optional: Lime Slice or Blueberry skewer Garnish
- Optional: Kosher salt for rimming the glass
- Thread 8 cocktail skewers or toothpicks with 3 blueberries.
- Rub the rim of rocks or margarita glasses with a lime wedge. Swirl the rims through a small pile of kosher or sea salt to salt them. Add ice cubes to the glasses.
- In a cocktail shaker muddle the blueberries and lime juice until the blueberries are pulverized.
- OR – Put blueberries and lime juice together in a blender, and pulse until smooth. Strain out the juice through a fine-mesh strainer into a cocktail shaker, discarding the berry pulp.
- Add the tequila, triple sec, and a handful of ice to the shaker. Add the lime slice or two. Shake vigorously for 15 seconds, and then strain into the salted glasses.
- Serve with blueberry skewer garnish or lime slice.
Cheesy Grilled Jalapenos
- 1/2 cup 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup 2 ounces grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded tomato grape or cherry
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16-20 jalapeño peppers halved lengthwise and seeded (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Prepare grill. (medium high heat)
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well. Fill each pepper half with cheese mixture.
- Place pepper halves, cheese side up, on grill rack, grill basket or on heavy-duty foil on the grill grate. Grill peppers 5 minutes or until bottoms of peppers are charred and cheese mixture is lightly browned. Carefully place peppers on a serving platter.
Bombdigitty Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ c white vinegar
- 2 T sugar
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 1 c Sour Cream
- ¼ lb Crumbled Blue cheese
- Mix Lemon Juice, white vinegar, and sugar in a non-reactive bowl. Allow sugar to dissolve in vinegar.
- Mix garlic, mayo, and sour cream together and add to vinegar mixture. Whisk well.
- Fold in crumbled blue cheese.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Grilled Romaine Salad
- 4 whole heads of Romaine lettuce
- Olive oil or Avocado oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 24-30 Grape tomatoes
- Prepare grill to medium high heat.
- Trim the dirty part off the core, but don’t cut the core off. You want to keep the Romaine head intact. Cut the Romaine heads in half, starting at the core and slicing vertically. You’ll have eight lettuce halves.
- Slice each grape tomato in half.
- Liberally spray or rub the cut part of the Romaine with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the Romaine on the grill grate, cut side down. Grill until the cut side has a bit of char. Move it around to avoid flare ups. Remove, place cut side up on a platter and serve with favorite dressing and tomato halves.